Dealing with bad circulation in your feet? Find out exactly how to handle it!
Poor circulation is nothing to ignore. While it might not seem like a big deal to experience ice cold feet or hands, this problem can be alerting you to a more serious health problem. Turn to our Toms River podiatrist Dr. William Sachs for the care you need to get back on your feet and feeling better fast.
Do you have poor circulation?
Do you notice that your feet or hands are ice cold? Do you find it difficult to walk due to pain in your legs? Then you might be dealing with poor circulation. Common symptoms include:
- Chronic cold feet or hands
- Cramping during activity or even while being inactive
- Feet that fall asleep quickly
- Purple, blue or red toes
Why is poor circulation bad?
Poor circulation can be a warning of other health problems such as high blood pressure, diabetes, peripheral vascular disease or obesity. Many of these conditions can affect how blood flows to crucial areas of the body. Poor circulation can also cause deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which can cause damage to veins or even stop blood flow. If you are experiencing any symptoms of poor circulation then it’s time you saw to our Toms River foot doctor.
How is poor circulation treated?
Since poor circulation is also an indication of other health issues it’s important that you seek medical attention and visit our office today for a proper evaluation. Once you have determined that your symptoms are caused by poor circulation we can go about creating a treatment plan that will work best for you. Common lifestyle changes and treatment options include:
- Elevating your legs when you are sitting down
- Quitting smoking or tobacco products
- Managing your cholesterol and blood pressure
- Exercising regularly
- Avoiding sitting for long periods of time
- Opting for leg massagers that help stimulate the blood flow to the legs
- Wearing compression stockings and other supportive clothing that can improve circulation
Circulation is an important part of making sure your body remains healthy. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms of poor circulation then it’s time you called Adult & Child Footcare in Toms River, NJ for the special care your feet need.