Symptoms of Achilles Tendinitis
How your foot doctor in Toms River, New Jersey can help if you have Achilles tendonitis
If you have chronic pain in your heel and foot that makes it painful to walk, you could have Achilles tendonitis. It’s a common foot issue, especially for runners and other athletes. The good news is, it’s also a condition that can be treated by your foot doctor.
Dr. William Sachs, your foot doctor at Adult & Child Footcare can help your feet feel better. He has two convenient office locations in Toms River, and Shrewsbury, New Jersey to help you and your feet.
How can you tell if you have Achilles tendonitis? There are a few signs and symptoms to pay attention to. They are:
- Swelling and inflammation around and behind your heel
- Aching, stabbing pain around and behind your heel
- Pain in your Achilles tendon when you move your foot
- Difficulty walking because of the pain in your Achilles tendon
There are some important tips you can follow to help prevent Achilles tendonitis:
- Begin an exercise or strenuous activity slowly
- Stretch your feet, ankles, and Achilles tendon by doing heel lifts
- Wear supportive, comfortable footwear that is appropriate to the sport or activity you are doing
- Walk on even, supportive surfaces whenever you can
Dr. Sachs has several effective treatments for Achilles tendonitis. He may suggest:
- Taking prescription-strength anti-inflammatory medication
- Applying ice to your Achilles tendon area to reduce swelling
- Stretching and physical therapy to maintain flexibility
- Resting and elevating your foot to take the stress off of the tendon
If you are suffering from Achilles tendonitis, get some relief from your podiatrist. Call Dr. William A. Sachs, your foot doctor at Adult & Child Footcare. You can contact him in Toms River at (732) 255-7070, or at the office in Shrewsbury, New Jersey at (732) 389-2555. Call now and help your feet!